During last years, youth work assumed a central role for young generation of EU citizens, crossing edges, nationalities and cultures, making the encounter between young people easier and productive. In the same way, methods, tools, best pratices of youth work can be really strong instruments for contributing to improve integration of migrant people in the different European contexts. In fact, through the application of youth work methods could become easier and efficient working on creating connections and encounter inside the communities between locals and foreigner, especially looking at young people. This perspective becomes essential in this historical phase, in which it is fundamental to improve relationships and reinforcing communities between people, for combating pressure of nationalism ideologies and suspicion against foreigners, really dangerous elements for the EU space cohesion.
For reaching this aim, it is fundamental developing education of youth workers with special focus on these themes and creating a good and efficient network of youth workers and youth organizations and NGOs across the different countries. The project will contribute to these scopes at local level (reinforcing the skills of youth workers), but also at EU level (giving them the possibility to act inside a framework of cooperation between EU non profit organizations).
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
1. To reinforce and increase quality of youth work in Europe about its role of promoting and proving integration of migrants and foreigners, through the creation of an educational path for youth workers that will give them new instruments, skills and practices, increasing their capacities;
2. To create a strong network for encounters of organizations, professionals, volunteers that work in non profit fields for social inclusion and integration of migrants: the network will be supported by the creation of a website directed to facilitate encounters of Europen organizations, exchange of tools and best practices between NGOs and individuals.
SCHEME OF ACTIVITY PHASES
2. Starting Coordination Meeting in Spain.
2a. Work package I.
3. Training event “Youth Work For Integration” (Learning, Teaching, Training Activity C1), in the Republic of North Macedonia.
3a. Work package II.
4. Ending Meeting in Italy.
5. Final Dissemination of results and creation of the website.
The 2 transnational meetings will foresee the participation of project managers and assistants of all organizations involved.
Starting Coordination Meeting: 10 participants (2 for each partner) – Ending Meeting: 10 participants (2 for each partner).
The Learning Teching Training activity foresees the participation of volunteers, social operators, staff members, educators active in the field of youth work and integration and social inclusion of migrants, all selected and sent by each participating organization.
Learning Teching Training Activity C1: 22 participants (4 for each partner – 6 for Idea Europa)
The partnership will carry out the project basing on the principles of sharing and cooperation, ensuring protagonism of all perticipating organization in all phases of the project. All partners will have active roles in all Work Package and international activities, and also in the building of the intellectual outputs, collaborating between them under coordination and supervision of IDEA EUROPA, the Applicant.
MAIN RESULTS AND IMPACT
A) Participants will gain tools, instruments and best practices in the field of youth work specifically related to the social inclusion and the integration of migrants and foreigners
B) Reinforcement of the network of EU non profit organization committed in promoting integration of migrants in Europe and peaceful coexistence.
C) The creation of the Website for youth work and integration, an instruments that will consent to build networks, projects and spread tools and best practices between European non profit organizations and individuals.
The main impacts, also in terms of long term benefits, will be the ones of:
– improving and promoting the role of youth work in EU integration policies;
– facilitating networking and creation of projects and efficient action of NGOs and non profit organization in the field of social inclusion of migrants at all levels (local and regional, national, European and international);
– promoting new efficient solutions in the filed of immigration policies for contributing to combat nationalisms and divisions between European states, starting from new generations and action of non profit organization.